In Depth Yoga Study for Yoga Teachers
Adapting to the individual: Joint function & structure in Yoga Practice
Therapeutic yoga adapts the yoga postures to meet the needs of each individual. In this way the yoga becomes adaptable/adjustable to multiple conditions that any individual or group of individuals may present during a yoga practice session.
- Joint anatomy
- Different kinds of joints
- How joints move
- What restricts “normal” joint movement
- Experiential/practical observation and guiding
- Lecture (bring your anatomy books—I suggest Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
In this 8 hour workshop we will look at normal joint function and also observe and adapt to joints that need protection or don’t function well.
Participants should have:
- received their 200 hour yoga teacher training from Anne Basco, ERYT 500
- or practiced teaching yoga consistently for 2 years