Anne Smith Basco, E-RYT 500, Certified Yoga Therapist
Anne Smith Basco, ERYT 500, Certified Yoga Therapist
Breathe. Open. Strengthen. Be.
Each class is extemporaneous, that is, unscripted and based on the needs of those who show up each time. Foundational elements of promoting a healthy, balanced spine combined with creative exploration and application of breathwork/pranayama. I hold a deep passion for creating a balanced and accurate practice that sketches the wellness needs of the client or group, the blissful benefit intertwined with yogic approaches to the breath and subtle energy systems.
Anne has taught yoga full time for sixteen years (since 2002) including group yoga classes, private yoga sessions, teacher training/continuing education and workshops.
Anne receives private clients at her current location–Karuna Arts Yoga, 605 S. 223rd Street, Des Moines, Washington–and may be available for offsite workshops and events.
In 1995 Anne took her first yoga class and hasn’t looked back!
Anne’s teaching draws from a deep commitment to inspirit yoga and meditation practice benefits for all. Her ability to adapt yoga and meditation techniques adds quality to a spectrum of offerings suiting each person’s needs.
The foundation of yoga class lies in accessing the abdominal breath and developing healthy awareness of the spine. Anne’s teaching embodies joint protection, coordination, and balance along with improved awareness of the present moment.
- Athletes benefit greatly by incorporating yoga and meditation into their training program, Anne is available to help individual athletes and teams working closely with coaches who are interested in injury prevention.
- Retired? Over 65? After practicing Physical Therapy for 13 years, Anne chose to refocus on the holistic balance yoga and meditation offers. Her education and experience in clinical practice inform her approach for baby boomers.
- Working full time? Stress? Body pains/conditions? In addition to her holistic healing group yoga classes, Anne receives private clients.
- Stronger classes include “Let it Flow” and “Healthy Bones and Spine”
- In Depth Yoga study 200 Hour Teacher Training via Yoga Alliance.
Training: 200 hours with Laura Yon Brooks, 300 Hours with Ananda Seva Mission, 20 hours with Erich Schiffmann